Key scripture: Genesis 11 NKJV
- “Woke” is an ideology that is connected to “cancel culture.”
- There is upcoming persecution of the church. This has to do with preachers preaching against three main things: homosexuality, abortion, and women preaching in the church. The result of the persecution may be taxing of church contributions and incarceration of preachers due to hate speech.
- Christians have been dealing with cancel culture, whether they know if or not, starting with the crucifixion of Jesus.
- In John 11, the scripture talks about raising Lazarus from the dead. Believers were afraid that they would lose the whole nation due to this public show of one man being raised from the dead.
- The reason we have hope of heaven today has to do with the resurrection. Reference 1 Peter 1:3.
- The word Babel is related to the name, Babylon. Babel, in Hebrew, relates to confusion.
- Refer to the story of the Tower of Babel in Genesis 11.
- 1 Peter 5:13- References a Babylonian woman (metaphorically) A nation of people that have risen to a high level of pushing God away, or canceling Him, like we are known to do in cancel culture.
- Revelation 17:1-4 The “great whore” that is referenced in scripture relates to the leaders of our nation today.
- The word Babylon is used figuratively to describe the turmoil that America is facing today.
- Daniel 3- You must worship idols or you will be canceled.
- Prepare to experience Babylon in real time due to the state of politics.
- God will put you in a fire, but he will save you through it.
- Keep your joy! Philippians 4:4 Rejoice regardless of what you are faced with. Prepare to not be outdone by the early Christians when you are persecuted.
- 1 Timothy 2:1 Pray for the government; even the one that persecutes you.
- Stick together; 1 Peter 5:8. Resist the devil and stay steadfast in your faith. You are not the only one facing trials.
- When we start facing persecution, the psalms and prayers in the bible will become more relevant than ever.
- Decide that heaven is worth it all. Own your Lord and defend His cause.
John 11 (Raising Lazarus from the dead)
Matthew 28 (Christ is risen)
1 Peter 1:3 (Hope in Christ)
Acts 5 (Teaching about Jesus and confirming His word)
Genesis 11 (Babylon)
1 Chronicles 9:1